The Workshop on composite was a part of the international conference program carried out on 8th November in TKNIKA – the center promoted by the Deputy Ministry of Vocational Education and Training of the Education Department of the Basque Government – San Sebastian.
The purpose of the workshop was to engage key industry and education experts to better define scope and focus so that the advanced composites would most effectively meet its goal.
The workshop included participants from different composites sectors, and workshop presentations topics covered different aspects of the composite materials area:
Workshop Agenda included the following presentations:
1. Skillman curricula on composites – Yasser Hannan from Technical Education Copenhagen.
2. Impact Skillman curricula to aviation industry/importance composites in aviation industry – Björn Borgelin from SAS airline.
3. Researches trends of composites in wind energy industry – Jacob Christensen from Technical University Denmark.
4. Skills and innovation challenges in the field of plastic/Composite – Rasmus Grusgaard from Danish Plastics federation.
5. Thermoplastic Biocomposite – Prof. Nawar Kadi from Borås University-Sweden.
6. How Danish Industry Education continuously design and develop educations in relations to new advanced technologies on composites – Anders Hiort Hansen from Danish Industry Education.
Workshop topics offered a unique opportunity to present Skillman Curricula on composite repair and open discussion and qualification, and also hear insights from key composite specialists on trends, researches, skills challenges & VET, and opportunities.
The workshop was a good event helping develop the focus and scope of the Composites in order accelerate developmental goals.
The technical issues and challenges identified by the participants covered all of the workshop objectives, and there was general agreement that there are skills shortage in the composites field and curricula development will be a strong component of achieving the required goal. Please feel free to enter the SKILLMAN website for the individual presentations.
There was broad consensus among the participants that advanced composite materials, repair, bio composite, and skills-education program are necessary aspects in the transport sector.
The workshop was widely praised by the attendees.