Skillman actively supports the Erasmus+ project “Beyond the limits” which focuses on connecting two themes: Entrepreneurship and Creativity.
Entrepreneurship education seeks to provide students with the knowledge, skills and motivation to encourage entrepreneurial success in a variety of settings. Creativity is defined as the tendency to generate or recognize ideas, alternatives, or possibilities that may be useful in solving problems, communicating with others, and entertaining ourselves and others.
Entrepreneurship is the driver of creativity. Creative thinkers are like good investors in their life and future. The main objective of the project is to develop entrepreneurship skills using creativity in education.
The project also aims to encourage schools to place greater importance on entrepreneurship education and on organizing entrepreneurship activities to motivate young people to develop their potential.
To achieve this aim, the project activities will be developing ICT-based educational materials and an entrepreneurship curriculum, organizing Intensive Programs for students and teacher training programs for teachers and principals, carrying out a research to determine the level of entrepreneurship skills of the students, publishing a book, maintaining an online education system, making movies about project activities and organizing international conferences.
In particular, through the planned IP programmes and international conferences, a multicultural and multidisciplinary curricular approach will be used, putting into practice concrete exchange and learning activities in which both partners and students are actively involved and testing the main products of the project. The first IP took place at Sakarya University (Turkey) in January 2022 with the participation of the whole partnership and the students that each partner brought to Sakarya. More than 50 people were involved.
The partnership is composed as follows:
- Sakarya University is a non-profit state university and it has more than 55.000 students in different academic programs
- University of Coimbra (UC) is a Portuguese public universty and one of the oldest university in Europe. UC has more than 700 years of experience in education, training and research. UC has affirmed its position over the years with a unique mix of tradition, contemporaneity and innovation.
- De Montfort University is a major public university centred in Leicester, United Kingdom.
- CSCS is a vocational training provider, active in the field of research on labour market and pedagogic innovation, as well as in the promotion of transnational cooperation on technical education and training.
- Granada University is a public comprehensive research university with approx. 56,000 students, 3,600 academics, 1,900 administrative and support staff. Its 27 Faculties and Schools and 124 Departments offer 62 undergraduate degrees, 106 master’s degrees and 28 doctoral programmes organized in 3 overarching doctoral schools.
- Liepaja University is one of the oldest higher educational institutions in Kurzeme region (Latvia) with large experience and academic traditions.
- Agora University of Oradea is a private university, legal entity of public utility, founded in 2000
- University of Padova is one of Europe’s oldest and most prestigious seats of learning. UNIPD offers its students 32 departments, 37 doctoral degree courses activated this year, 2 international doctoral degree courses and 44 research and service centres across the spectrum of sciences, medicine, social sciences and humanities.
More information about the project and its activities can be found at: http://www.beyondthelimitsproject.sakarya.edu.tr/