The joint policy initiative Eastern Partnership - EaP
The joint policy initiative Eastern Partnership – EaP,
aims to deepen and strengthen relations between the European Union (EU),
its Member States and its six Eastern neighbours:
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine
16 participants from Italy and Georgia will be selected upon the following conditions:
people Minimum 2 SMEs* owners under 35 years old
people Minimum 5 SMEs* owners run by women
people Minimum 3 SMEs* having their seat in rural areas
people Minimum 2 BSOs** involving women from top-level management of the organisation
people 8 SMEs* owners based in italy (will take part to the Study Visit in Georgia)
people 8 SMEs* owners based in Georgia (will take part to the Study Visit in Italy)
English language B2 level required
Business based in Italy / Georgia
Interest to activate business partnership across Georgian and italian companies
The participation of each organisation is covered by the GITSKILL project funded by the Eurochamber – EU4BC (expenditures regarding the Travel and Subsistence are fully covered).
The organising partners will take care of the study visit organisation and of all logistic aspects.
* Small and Medium Enterprises
** Business Support Organisation
- Go to https://learn.skillman.eu/enrol/index.php?id=136, click on the “Continue” button and login or sign-up (if it’s the first time you access the Skillman e-learn platform) to access the Moodle Course.
- Apply for the Study Visit submitting the “Gift Voucher Request” form available within the course resources.
- In case of approved request, the applicants will be asked to deposit a 100 euros guarantee before the issue of the flight tickets by the travel agency
- The travel agency will manage the booking process directly with the applicants and will send flight tickets and accommodation arrangements info to the beneficiaries.
- Before the arrival, beneficiaries will comply with COVID 19 regulations for traveling (swabs, green pass, etc. if requested) and all necessary documents that might be required by Italian/Armenian National Authorithies
- After the arrival, beneficiaries will be tutored by partners organisations during the whole duration of the Study Visit in Armenia or Italy.
GIFT VOUCHER REQUEST: Important information and requirements – PAY ATTENTION:
- After the event, beneficiaries benefiting from the GIFT VOUCHER REQUEST keep all the eventual receipts and or boarding passes related to flights and accommodation of the conference, upload them within the course resources or send them to ue.namlliksnull@tairaterces.
- Within 15 days from the conclusion of the event, the Skillman Secretariat Team sends back the DEPOSIT to the beneficiaries’ bank account.
- In case of a no-show of the beneficiary, the amount for travels and accommodation penalties is charged to the beneficiary. Exceptions are force majeure events, eg. flight cancellation due to COVID-19.
- The travel costs admitted are exclusively air, train, and bus/train tickets. No refund will be granted for other means of transport (taxi is not admitted expenses).
- No refund will be granted for any expense not expressly authorized in advance by the Skillman Secretariat
Preliminary meeting 1 – 27.09.2022 15.00
First online preliminary meeting, allowing SMEs and BSOs to ‘pair’ and to have a first approach to the aims and tools of GITSKILL, EU4Business and more in general of the EaP opportunities
- Welcome and introduction to GITSKILLS project
- Making business in Georgia in arts and crafts sector – Creative Caucasus
- Making business in Italy in arts and crafts sector
- The platform: how use the tools and resources
- The work programme: what and when
- Company 1 GE PRESENTATION
- Company 2 IT PRESENTATION
- ASSIGNMENT: ideas and identification of curiosities on counterparts
Preliminary meeting 2 – 30.09.2022 15.00
Second online preliminary meeting allowing the pairs to focus on specific challenges and opportunities
- Focus Tuscany
- Focus Tiblisi
- Budget plan: brain storming to collect ideas on how to define individual plans for making business exchanges across Georgia and Italy
- Company 3 GE PRESENTATION
- Company 4 IT PRESENTATION
- ASSIGNMENT: ideas and identification of curiosities on counterparts
Preliminary meeting 3 – 04.10.2022 15.00
Third online preliminary meeting allowing to narrow down the listed aspects to the most promising elements
- Focus Caucasus
- Focus Sardinia
- Brainstorming: ideas to make business together
- Company 5 GE PRESENTATION
- Company 6 IT PRESENTATION
The 3 day study visit will take place in Tbilisi, Georgia. Beneficiaries (SMEs and BSOs) will have an opportunity to visit relevant companies as well as participate in the Tbilisi International Summit of Crafts and Design – Ethnofest 2022.
The 3 day study visit will take place in Tuscany region, Italy. Beneficiaries (SMEs and BSOs) will have an opportunity to visit relevant companies.
Capacity building aims to engage SME owners from both countries to give them a better understanding of the local creative industries sector and create concrete opportunities for commercial partnerships.
In 2016, the government of Georgia launched the Culture Strategy 2025, a document setting priorities to make “Georgia a creative country and regional hub where innovation and creativity, along with safeguarding and revitalising national heritage and cultural diversity are the fundamental pillars of social wellbeing and sustainable development.” CCIs are recognized as a source for job creation, economic growth and innovation. In addition, the technology sector is expanding in all the Eastern partner countries, including Georgia.
Italy is a central nation in the creative industry panorama, with very strong and deep-rooted traditions that have seen in recent years a strong push towards innovation and digitization, acting as a driving force for the sector.
The EUChambers’ Initiative – EU4Business: Connecting Companies – in which this activity is provided, represents an opportunity for Creative Caucasus to further develop partnerships and support Businesses in CCI field within the Study Visit Action.
The diverse background and expertise of the Skillman network members, combined with the experience of Creative Caucasus, is the right solution to provide new skills to the beneficiaries involved and increase the attractiveness of EU countries for highly skilled entrepreneurs.
Participants receive the Europass Digital Credentials, describing all learning achievements. The credentials include activities, assessments during the Study Visit in Apulia.
Europass Digital Credentials are signed with an e-Seal, meaning participants will enjoy a legal presumption of authenticity across the EU as well as equivalence to paper-based credentials containing the same information.
At the end of the study visit all participants will be asked to fill in the Study visit evaluation questionnaire to get feedback on the quality and success of their experience.
Tbilisi International Summit of Crafts and Design ETHNOFEST is one of the largest platforms for crafts makers, designers, entrepreneurs, retailers, experts, commercial agents, buyers and general public in the South Caucasus region. The event will be held on October 14,15,16, 2022, at Expo Georgia (Pavilions: 4,5,6) Tsereteli Ave. 118, Tbilisi.
The summit offers a unique opportunity to local and international craft makers to present their handmade products, get feedback from local and international buyers and commercial agents, establish business contacts, find new customers and get access to local and international markets. This year Tbilisi International Summit of Crafts and Design is held for the 4th time.