Fondazione Toscana Sostenibile (FTS) is a non-profit organization founded in 2002 by people interested in sharing their professional experiences to promote sustainable development models through research and dissemination of knowledge.
The main training activities:
– to educate citizens (adults and young people) to a correct approach and respect both towards others and towards the environment around us;
– to promote sustainability, quality of life and the environment, collaborating to build the social and economic growth of the territory through scientific research, education and learning;
– to improve citizens’ knowledge and participation in order to achieve an ecological and environmental, social and economic quality system;
– to maintain a collaboration with the social, economic and institutional actors involved in scientific and cultural research in Tuscany, Italy and Europe
– to carry out foreign language and computer literacy courses
– to promote paths focused on the correct lifestyle (healthy diet, natural remedies, etc.) entrusted by the municipalities of the area
– to carry out information workshops on environmental issues
In 18 years of activity, FTS has acquired a deep knowledge of the field of training. Initially aimed only at the youth world, thanks to the collaboration with schools and universities, because FTS is convinced that education in environmental sensitivity must start from young people in order to be supported in the future. Over time its passion for continuous research and development has led FTS to expand its range of action to the field of adults because only involving all citizens, at all levels, we can real change be made.
FTS is convinced of this and tries to do its part.
In particular, FTS promotes continuous learning aimed at preserving environmental, social and economic sustainability, collaborates with social, economic and institutional subjects to promote all those activities aimed at cultural enrichment, retraining and professional mobility of adults.