Group of the European Youth for Change – GEYC is a Romanian NGO whose mission is to empower young people to change their community. GEYC is coordinating the activity of PRISMA European Network (http://prisma-network.eu).
Scope: empowering young people to create a positive change in their community
• supporting education at local, national and international level;
• promoting social networks and new media technologies for personal and professional youth development at local, national and international level;
• defending human rights in general, especially of young people at local, national and international level;
• stimulating individual and organisational social responsibility at local, national and international level;
• encouraging entrepreneurship at local, national and international level;
• developing educational programs especially for young people at local, national and international level;
– Our Facebook page (https://geyc.ro/fb) and website aim to be an informative portal for young people providing valuable content in the following fields: news, education, entrepreneurship, responsibility, human rights, Romanian culture and civilization, Culture and intercultural dialogue and entertainment.
– GEYC Community gathers over 4000 Romanian speaking young people, youth workers, and teachers from all over the country and from abroad, providing to them: youth information, opportunities and engaging them in consultations concerning young people;
– in the context of the “No hate speech movement”, GEYC launched and coordinates GEYC Resources Center (http://geyc.ro/resources), an online center of resources aimed to offer a wide variety of online free tools about multimedia and social media topics aimed to help both individuals and organizations in their work.
– We have created a network of over 130 schools and more than 100 teachers from all over the country, EDU@GEYC.RO, under the framework of the program Young Digital Leaders, a Europe-wide project that aims to empower young people through digital citizenship and critical thinking and media literacy skills, beyond the classroom, so that they can grow up safe, responsible digital leaders. This network was created in order to continue the collaboration and facilitate the communication between the teachers, but also to provide them with opportunities for them and their students.