Yeovil College has been serving the community in and around Yeovil for more than 130 years.
The College was first formed in 1887 when Somerset County Council began formally organising Science and Art classes in Yeovil. In 1947, the first Principal was appointed to lead Yeovil Technical College and when secondary education in the Yeovil Borough was reorganised in 1974, Yeovil College became one of the early tertiary colleges to be formed in England.
Today, Yeovil College remains passionate about its role as a key provider of education and training in South Somerset and North and West Dorset. It remains committed to its role as a tertiary college for the whole community and currently supports around 5000 full and part-time students.
The College is committed to partnership working and was reported as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted inspectors in this respect in 2012. Key partners include:
- Yeovil Federation (of primary and secondary schools and the college)
- Universities – Plymouth, West of England, Gloucestershire and Trinity Saint David through the University Centre and the Yeovil Vision
- South Somerset Strategic Partnership
- Wessex Federation of Colleges