Skillman supports from December 2015 the KIC EIT RawMaterials (EIT RM), an EIT Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC), funded in 2014 by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).
EIT Raw Materials has the goal of boosting the competitiveness, growth and attractiveness of the European raw materials sector via radical innovation and entrepreneurship.
This KIC will integrate multiple disciplines, diversity and complementarity along the three sides of the knowledge triangle (business, education and research) and across the whole raw materials value chain.
Novel service offerings will be implemented to empower the EIT Raw Materials community and other stakeholders, including four customized tracks focusing on growth and job creation by boosting start-ups, SMEs, radical innovation and education.
EIT Raw Materials will generate significant impact on European competitiveness and employment. This will be realized through the introduction of innovative and sustainable products, processes and services and well-educated people that will deliver increased economic, environmental and social sustainability to European society.
The support of Skillman to the EIT RawMaterials relies on fostering synergies and cooperation in:
- implementing educational activities in the field of vocational education and training on raw materials for the transport sector;
- developing educational materials and open educational resources on raw materials for the transport sector;
- implementing awareness raising activities in the field vocational education and training on raw materials for the transport sector.
In addition by 2018 EIT Raw Materials aims to:
- support and develop over 40 incubated ideas,
- create 16 start-ups,
- provide more than 1000 Masters and PhD EIT Label graduates,
and by 2022 to have commercialized 70 patents.
For more information: http://eit.europa.eu/eit-community/eit-raw-materials